Kireka SDA Primary School opened its doors to general public in 1937 . It is owned by the Seventh day Adventist Church and operated by the SDA Parents Union. The SDA Parents Union form the School Board which Board appoints the School Management Committee. The School is located on Kireka Hill a serene environment conducive for child upbringing and academics. It is adjacent to Kabaka’s palace and next to Prime Radio, 12 Kilometers from Kampala along Kampala – Jinja Road.
Kireka SDA Primary School exists to provide a sustainable Holistic Education geared to academic excellence and producing a balanced and God fearing individual able to meet the challenges of Modern Society.
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.
1. To enhance Spiritual and Moral Values.
2. To create national awareness and foster national unity.
3. To develop a spirit of self reliance in individuals and society as a whole.
4. To promote health and proper institution.
5. To equip individuals with knowledge and skills and values of productive work .
6. To provide a channel of post literacy continuing education.
7. To establish a literacy and numeracy centre in local languages.
The School offers a National Curriculum as recommended by the National Curriculum Development Centre which integrates Thematic Curriculum from P1—P3.
Using English as a medium of instruction the School employs a learner – centred approach intergrated with Christ Centred Instruction
The serene academic environment is further enhanced and
strengthened by :-
• The talking classrooms and compound
• Streaming of classes to a manageable number in order to cause personal assistance to individual learners.
• Maintaining a teacher pupil ratio of 1: 40
For co- curricula activities the school offers games and sports including but not limited to football, net ball, athletics, Volley ball, bad minton, music and drama.
Other Co- curricular activities include Pathfinder and Adventurers clubs.
The School is run by a team of 45 qualified Teachers and 39 Support staff.
Among the teaching staff the school has two members who are examiners in UNEB.
The School is licensed and registered by the ministry of Education and sports and is also accredited by the Adventist Accrediting Association AAA based in Washington U.S.A.
The School has building infrastructure which contains the
1. Classrooms 22
2. Dormitories 5
3. Staff quarters 27
4. Kitchen 1
5. Sick bay 1
6. Administration block 1
7. Chapel 1
8. Dinning hall 1
For official errands and transportation of learners from place to place, the school has 2 Coaster buses 30 seater each and one Van.